- Clutch Space signed a letter of intent with Kleos Space, for the demonstration and evaluation of the AnyTime micro-ground station network.
- Clutch will be able to place its micro ground stations at more convenient and more frequent locations than ever previously possible, at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems.
- Clutch Space is currently offering free ground stations to universities working in the space industry.
PRESS RELEASE — December 20, 2022 — Clutch Space of Guildford, UK, announce a letter of intent with Kleos Space, of Luxembourg, the first satellite operator to agree to participate in the demonstration and evaluation of the AnyTime micro ground station network.
We have agreed to a one-month evaluation period on completion of the demonstration network. At the end of the evaluation, Clutch Space are to provide ground station services, as supplementary service to Kleos Space’s existing infrastructure, on a fee basis of US $1 per minute for ground station services, for all their missions, the first year of operation of the AnyTime network.
AnyTime will provide
• PERSISTENT CONNECTIVITY: Seamless contact when the operators want for as long as they want in low earth orbit
• SITUATIONAL AWARENESS: Highly accurate independent attitude and positional data for the satellites
• ALWAYS-ON ACCESS: Direct operation of the access to the satellites, within our cybersecure network
• SEAMLESS INTEGRATION: AnyTime can work with existing, including on orbit, and future systems, without demanding hardware on board the satellite, or adapting the existing operations
Clutch Space have completed the technology development of the next generation micro ground station, with no moving parts, small form factor(1m in diameter) and a capacity of 20 satellites simultaneously, removing the need for reflector dishes. As a consequence of the small form factor, and the robustness of the design, Clutch will be able to place these micro ground stations at more convenient, and more frequent locations than ever previously possible for satellite operations, at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems.
Should any satellite operators wish to be part of this revolution in ground segment technology, Clutch Space are still seeking additional partners for feedback on the demonstration, as well as further suitable sites across the world. In fact, Clutch Space are currently offering free ground stations to universities working in the Space industry, so feel free to contact [email protected] if you are interested.
Clutch Space are introducing a whole new paradigm in satellite operations in low earth orbit, aimed at highly sophisticated operators, such as Kleos Space, with increasing needs from their customers, requiring operation of the spacecraft on demand, for as long as they want…without it costing the earth!
For Clutch Space please contact: [email protected]
For Kleos Space, please contact: [email protected]
SOURCE: Clutch Space
Featured image: White Satellite Dish. Credit: Pixabay / pexels.com